Rejoice in the Lord...Always?

I am currently lying in a beautiful hotel room on the Island of Freeport, Bahamas while my loving husband and adorable baby boy are enjoying a warm day at the beach. Although I am very thankful my unborn baby is doing well and that my hubby and boy are enjoying themselves, I am asking God and myself why? Why is that I was only allowed to be on the cruise ship for 5 hours? Why rest in the Bahamas instead of with family? Why here & why now? What is it that you have in mind for us?
Unfortunately, we don’t always get the answers we want in the timing we want it. It is a bit amusing that I would be complaining about resting in the Bahamas, since many of you would probably switch places with me in a heartbeat. But to have to be confined to your hotel room and its bed is not as glamorous as it sounds. For one, I am just not the type to enjoy lying for long periods of time. Sleeping in for me is 8:30 am. Even when I am sick I don’t sleep much. Second, I was looking forward to seeing the Caribbean. So now what?
Well, even as I write I can hear the precious words “rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS and again I say rejoice”… “ In EVERYTHING give thanks for THIS IS THE WILL OF GOD in Christ Jesus”. Therefore, although I do not understand and it’s not always comfortable or convenient I will rejoice and give thanks.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. The fact that our unborn baby is still living.
2. My husband, who has done our laundry in the sink, walked miles to get us meals, taken care of Joseph in an amazing way, and is so gentle and caring.
3. The sunshine coming through my beautiful hotel window.
4. Joseph’s positive attitude…he has no idea that this was not our plan. He is having a blast with his dad!
5. A peaceful place to rest.
6. That my in-laws are enjoying the cruise in spite of…
7. A private Clinic with kind nurses and capable doctors.
8. That our insurance accepted the claim.
9. A cheap hotel with an amazing view.
10. A faithful God that I can trust even when I don’t understand!

Comments

  1. Nice to catch up with you all some. So sorry to hear about these situations. Appreciate you all so very much. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts