"If only..."

Have you ever thought or even said out loud, if only....
Lately I have been struggling with "THE PULL". I am a doer by nature. I like a clean house and I thrive on a schedule and order. I enjoy counseling and "doing" the ministry. Unfortunately, I often let "doing things" control me. I have three beautiful children whom really enjoy being held and want my undivided attention. My schedule is continually being changed due to a counseling opportunity or someone not showing up for a counseling/disciplship appointment. But "The PULL" of getting things done often makes me feel guilty for holding my little ones or frustrated because of some change. I find my self thinking if only... If only I had more time... If only I had more energy... If only my kids were not so needy... If only I had a magic wand... If only I could find faithful hired help to lighten the house chores... If only people showed up on time... But what my wonderful Savior is teaching me is that my thinking is wrong. If my circumstances were different I would not be happier or guilt free. The truth is that if I am not satified in my present circumstances I would probably not be satisfied if they changed. The truth is that I can trust that God is wise, loving, and sovereign. He controls every circumstance in my life. The truth is that this is just a season in my life and the "neediness" of my children is a gift in this season. The truth is that I have everything I need to do God's will. The truth is that He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." So therefore sisters and brothers let us remember: "let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality."

Comments

Popular Posts