How to make coconut milk from real scratch!

Since I live in a small jungle town in southern Peru certain luxuries are a bit difficult to get. My local grocery story recently had coconut milk and I was flabbergasted. But like most items in that grocery store, sometimes they are available and other times it's months before they reappear. I went last week to stock up on coconut milk and they were out🤦‍♀️. That's when I took a dear friends advice of making my own
from "real scratch".
 My boys climbed our coconut tree and cut down several coconuts. Thankful I have fresh coconuts growing in my front yard!

 The recipe called for 3 coconuts.
 I used my vitamix to blend the coconut meat with about 2 cups of water. 
 I first tried using just a colander but the milk was very pulpy. Therefore, I had to improvise. I used one of my hubby's clean handkerchiefs to squeeze the pulp and get the milk. Great stress reliever 😂.

 Thought I would get a little more milk, but quite satisfied. The milk is creamer than what I was able to get at the grocery store. It was definitely work, but I hope it gets easier with practice😉.





Comments

Popular Posts