Where is your treasure?


Just Monday, I was preparing to come into town in order to do some emails and phone calls. As Loren and I were preparing to pull out of the gate, we realized that no one was there to open the gate for us. I quickly got out of the truck in order to open the gate, and then slid back behind the driver seat in order to pull out. I started forward, but as the truck was about half-way through, an amazingly strong gust of wind suddenly caught the gate, and with tremendous force, slammed the gate into the side of the pick-up truck. I pulled out the rest of the way, and then got out to assess the damage.
If you are like me, you would immediately start trying to place the blame somewhere. Either on the person who is paid to open the gate, or on the gate manufacturer, or on anyone who might be within 100 yards.
But as I drove away, the only one I could seem to blame was the one who is Master of the Waves and Wind. While the damage is not drastic, I was still quite unhappy, and charged the creator with damaging my pickup truck.
As I continued driving, however, my maker reminded me of several things.
1. He made me, and I don't deserve a nice pick-up truck.
2. What I do deserve is hell and eternal punishment.
3. He gave me the truck.
4. I, and the truck, are actually both HIS.
5. He is in control of every gust of wind.
6. If He wants dents in his truck, that is his prerogative.

Comments

  1. Well Said. Our flesh rebels against that perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Thoughts. Unfortunately, have been there and done that. Thank God He uses us in spite of our lousy reactions.
    Keep on keeping on.

    Ed Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddy and Loren
    Congratulations What a great God we serve. We are thankful for this child for you.
    Lois Hammers Bethel Bapt. Ch. NPR Fl. God Bless.
    hammershp1@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts