A little glimpse of life as a missionary wife.

I woke up with a hop and a skip in my step excited for a day of worship. I had my morning planned and rolling. Spent some sweet time diving into my Father´s love letter, soaking and meditating on His truths. Then off to get things ready for the kid's Christmas program, the adult christmas program and the Kid's 4 truth presentation.

I was thankful that there was power and that our persnickety printer was working. It was 6:30 am and all the copies were made and my "mary poppins" bag was packed. I felt really good about my accomplishments thus far. I skipped to the kitchen ready to tackle breakfast and my crockpot lunch.

There were some rotten mangos in my fruit basket so I picked them up and walked over to our mud room where I usually chuck our rotting fruit over the fence. (A little perk of not having neighbors and living in the jungle).

When I opened my front door the entire mud room was splattered with blood. It looked like something from a scary movie! There was blood everywhere. At that instance, I panicked a bit.

What happened? Who did this? Is it an awful, not funny prank?

Then I remembered, our little dog "Toffee" has had a wound on her ear for the last couple of days. She is feisty, and smart which has kept her alive longer than any of our other dogs. Her personality does not allow us to pet her or heal her when injured. Therefore, I had not doctored her up. Unfortunately the evidence showed that things had gone sour fast.

I asked Buddy to help me and he went in search for her. There was blood everywhere! Down the steps, on the walls and all over the yard. My hopes of finding her alive were slim.

Buddy found her! She was alive but bleeding out fast. There was much tension over why she was not cared for earlier and rash, harsh words were exchanged as to whose responsibility it was to care for the pets, overall not helping the situation.

I rushed to call a vet, and I finally got in touch with one that was willing to see her early on a Sunday morning. While phoning different people for help I quickly whipped up breakfast and then rushed to get her to the vet.

Toffee was not happy about being held. We wrapped her in a sheet. I ran to the truck but the gate was locked and the gate key was not with the truck keys. Joseph ran down with the right keys and hopped into the front seat to help hold Toffee as I drove. Well, the truck would not start. So I had to pop the hood while Buddy banged on the battery connectors. In the mean time Toffee got loose from Joseph's hold and began trying to find a way to escape, getting blood and chunks of what seemed like flesh all over us and the truck.

After much struggle we got Toffee to the vet. Getting her out of the car was another bloody adventure.

Finally I was heading back home to shower, get Abigail ready, and finish preparing lunch. Unfortunately, the truck would not start again!

I hopped out looking like something scary from Halloween, popped the hood and banged on the battery connectors. Praise the Lord! The truck started.

I rushed home, showered, got myself and Abigail ready, and made our crockpot lunch. We rushed out the door to get to church early for set-up. Then I went on my routine "bus" route to pick up a dear elderly man from the nursing home and the kids from our old neighborhood.

When I arrived back at the church building I realized that I had forgotten the wireless speaker to practice the songs for Christmas. After greeting everyone with a holy kiss I began my quest to figure out how to solve this problem, since I do not have an angelic voice and need the music to stay on key.

I found an outlet in the old Sunday school room (that is falling apart; being consumed by termites, but that's another story), but it had no power. By this time it was starting to sprinkle, worship time was almost over, and the kids would soon be dismissed to their classes. I had to figure out how to wing it with the small speaker from my phone.

The kids were excited to learn the new christmas songs and the Lord held off the torrential down pour till after the lesson
 And all that happen before noon!

Comments

Popular Posts