A thief in my car

 This morning I woke up earlier than usual and was able to spend some extra time with my Lord.  Next, I happily made some pancakes and scrambled eggs.
I had planned to get some homeschool done, go pay bills, and then shop for  extra groceries because of the upcoming strike on Monday.  Everything was running smoothly. School was done and we were all on our way to town. On our way in I noticed a missed call. One of our men from church was taken to the emergency room and they needed my help. So Buddy took the kids while I rushed to the emergency room. After about an hour our fellow brother was better and home. I got back to the original plan of paying bills. Buddy went home to prep the generator amongst other things for the upcoming strike.

So it was just the kids and me. 

We drove around town paying the lights, internet and all that was left was the water bill. The kids were hot and tired. I promised a treat right after this last bill. I had to circle the block three times before I could get a parking spot right in front of the building. We rushed out of the truck and into the building not locking the doors knowing that it would be a quick stop.

Coming out of the building I noticed that some one was in the passenger side scavenging through our stuff. 
I rushed to the car and yelled at the man to get out of my car. I immediately began yelling"THIEF POLICE". The man attempted to walk away but I grabbed him and continued to yell "POLICE THIEF!!" The thief grabbed my hand upset that I had pushed him against the car. I yanked back and thought "how far should I go to detain this thief" since there were many spectators but no one was helping and there is a silly law about hurting thieves.  The thief tried to cross the street and I continued after him yelling "THIEF POLICE!. 
As I approached him again a man with an open shirt and bullet proof vest came out of no where and grabbed the man putting him in a headlock.  He then dragged the man across the street and pinned him to my truck. 
The man was an under cover cop. He asked me to search my car to see what the thief had taken. I searched rapidly but I could not see or think of anything that was missing. By this time a police truck had pulled up. They rammed the man into the vehicle. 
I explained to the cop what had happened. Apparently, the man was not able to take anything. 

The cops took the thief away.
 I  and the kids got into my vehicle. The many spectators were still staring at me while my kids were cheering because of my "bravery".  My heart was racing and my adrenaline was at its peak. I picked up the phone and called my huddy, explained what happened and then went on to the grocery store. 
Crazy Morning!!


Comments

  1. Righteous anger worked this time... Praying for your safety, for that man to fear the Lord and search for a remedy in Jesus

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts