Keeping you updated

For a good while, I have wanted this blog to be simply a way to share with you my every day life, but on the other hand I’ve wanted it to inspire, encourage, and help others draw near or nearer to our Savior. Therefore, I am usually reluctant to write.
Unfortunately I think the same thing happens in other areas of our lives. For example, being faithful in our devotions or keeping a diet or cleaning the clutter in our homes. We have good intentions but yet do nothing to accomplish the task. All that to say, I am jumping back on the wagon: once again I will attempt to keep up my blog.

I have been home (meaning Puerto Maldonado) for about 10 days, and so much has happened. I must say I am happy to be home.

Our Father has once again out done Himself in showing me His love and faithfulness. When I first arrived to Puerto Maldonado I was overwhelmed, tired, bitten up (from Lima, the capital of all places) and a bit sad. There was no one at the airport to greet us, which makes for a very sad welcoming. After taking a moto-taxi to our house and being welcomed by Richard and Magdalena (which, by the way, had lost lots of weight, I think it's because they were saving to take a trip to visit family, therefore they did not budget enough money to buy meat). I was confronted with the overwhelming task of unpacking and cleaning. Richard and Magda had been very careful with our home and tried their best, but that included not touching anything, therefore much of our stuff was full of dust, ants, and some things had been invaded by rats. (Side note: They told us that they had to evict rats from my stove twice since I have been gone). The day we arrived Richard told Buddy that they wanted to travel for a few weeks to see family. They had not seen their family in four years, therefore we felt bad telling them that they could not go. Richard and Magdalena are currently in Puno with their little one.

Magnita, another co-worker, is still in Brazil visiting her sick grandma. She left about 2 months ago. I spoke with her a couple of days ago and she told me that she is not coming back. Her grandma is up in years and she wants to stay and help care for her for at least a year. Her grandmother lives in a tribe where there is no gospel influence, therefore Magnita has started a kids club. I am sad to loose her as a co-laborer but am excited that she is still serving our Father. Please pray for her, as I am sure she will face opposition and temptations.

Victor, our older co-worker, is still in Lima and won't return until the 3rd of April. He is taking this time as a short furlough.

Our only American friends in Puerto, Jim and Sue left for the inner jungle the same day we arrived. All that to say, we are home and alone, so where is the good news??? Well, I began to pray lots and you know what... God started answering almost immediately.

1. I prayed that I would find someone to help in the house. The Lord sent Janet. She had already worked for me before. She is a Christian and a fast, hard worker. She has two young daughters Gina and Josy, whom are helping me with children's church.
2. I prayed for energy. I have not had this much energy since before having Joseph. I am thankful this pregnancy is going well.
3. I prayed for specific things to be fixed in the house. My husband has worked hard in helping get things back in order without me asking him.
4. I prayed for time to get my Sunday school material done. Gina (Janet's older daughter) comes over every Saturday and helps me write out songs. I spend most of Thursday-Saturday preparing the memory verse, making attendance charts, creating a coloring page, and studying my lessons. I am able to get this done while Joseph naps since he is back on a schedule!!
5. I prayed that many kids and adults would come to church since our attendance has been down. The Wednesday we arrived there were 4 kids and 2 adults. Our numbers have doubled since then.
6. I prayed for Joseph's adjustment. He loves it here. He is sleeping in his own room most of the night. Duke our dog protects him very much. Duke walks us to the store and makes sure no one or nothing gets near Joseph's carriage. He also does not allow Joseph to go out the front door unless he sees one of us. Since no one is currently living with us we were able to fix up the second bedroom as the kids room. Joseph knows it's his room and is absolutely thrilled. We were also able to have someone make Joseph a toddler bed and he loves it.
7.I have been praying for a quiet time for our family. Since no one is living with us we have been able to have that special time. It has been so tranquil. My family is bonding in efforts to do God's will. I can't express the joy and peace this change has brought to my soul.

Well, I think you are all caught up. I will try to write on a more regular basis so that I can share the day to day joys, fears, and victories of living for our Father.

Comments

Popular Posts