What a day!

This morning Joseph decided to help me get up early. Yep, 5:30 am! I was much appreciative since I had already planned on baking some banana bread for breakfast. I had left some bananas out to help the ripping process. To my surprise some little pest thought the bananas were for her and therefore helped herself to a bite or two. The kitchen reeked of rat waste. Therefore, I prepared myself to see the little rascal. I turned on the oven to preheat it and as I was finishing up the batter out comes the rat from within the stove. No matter how much I pep myself for the encounter I am always taken by surprise; accomplishing nothing in regards to the extinction of such a creature. So once again I have uninvited guests in my stove. The good news is that the banana bread came out delicious despite the fiasco.

But the adventure continued…
Joseph woke up with several mosquito bites, which created quite a distraction when it was time to nap. Please pray that they heal quickly. While Joseph was napping I was able to catch up with my friend Sue whom was in the inner jungle. Praise the Lord for good friends. When Joseph woke up I walked to the market to check up on Cecilia and her daughter. Cecilia’s daughter seems to be doing a little better but we can’t do much since the pediatrician is on vacation until Monday and Cecilia refuses to take her daughter to the hospital. I am trying to not be pushy about what the child needs. Please pray with me that the little girl will get better. Pray too for another opportunity to share the gospel with Cecilia.

Later that afternoon the three of us headed to Isabella’s house (the 84 year old who Buddy witnessed to the other day). She is very kind and quite alert and agile for her age. She was a nun until 17 and then married and had children. The priests she worked with were very good men making it difficult for Isabel to turn from works to grace. Please pray that she would see her need for a Savior.

Immediately following our visit with Isabel we headed to a local park. Buddy and I have been specifically praying for ways to make new contacts and ways to build relationships with people. Well just two days ago we started going to a little park near our house. They have bikes and little push cars that one can rent to entertain the little people. Joseph really enjoys going. Yesterday, I went by myself while Buddy ran some errands. Since I was alone, I sat with some ladies and began to chat. The conversation really sprung up because I was pregnant. They basically told me “Oh you’re pregnant again and your son is so young …I am so sorry for you” I went on to explain to them that I was not sorry and that actually we (my husband and I) feel blessed to be able to have another baby. Well, these ladies had seen Buddy pushing Joseph on one of the little cars the day before and he made quite an impact on them. Needless to say his testimony opened a door for the gospel. The ladies asked many questions and asked me to bring my Bible the next day for a further chat. As I arrived today Margarita was waiting for me. To make a long story short I was able to share the gospel with Margarita and her daughter (who is a professional obstetrician). They listened with rapt attention. They did not make any decisions but said they would come this Sunday and stay for the meal (Spaghetti Sunday). When they left I noticed that another young lady was sitting on the same bench. I asked her if she was listening. Pilar said yes. She too wants to know more and said she would come this Sunday with her sister. I was pretty excited to say the least.

Well, we had to rush home and set up for our Friday evening kids club. We usually show a film and then have a bible story followed by some sport and beverage. Unfortunately, the “equipment” did not work so we sang some songs, Buddy gave a short devotional and they learned to play American football.

It is now 9:29pm Joseph is asleep, Buddy has wrapped things up with the kids and I have sometime to write and study for my Sunday school lesson. Thanks for reading and staying in tune with what our Father is doing here in Puerto Maldonado. Please continue to pray for these souls, specifically these ladies and their families. May our Father bless you as He blesses me daily.

For His glory!

Comments

Popular Posts