Our Father Answers Prayer

For months I have been praying for an opportunity to share the gospel with my “meat lady”, Cecilia. Before we left on furlough I had invited her to our home for dinner but she did not show. At first she was embarrassed to see me but I continued to be friendly and to faithfully shop at her “spot”. This morning Buddy and I took some time to pray for the different contacts we have made and the opportunity to share the gospel with them. As Buddy prayed Cecilia and her daughter came to my mind and I silently prayed for them. Well, I went about my morning routine not thinking much about how God would answer that prayer. I had already planned on going to the market since we were running low on meat. On my way out I bumped into Eliud (Magnita’s brother) who was just arriving from Brazil. We started chatting and eagerly asking him questions about the different tribes there. In the middle of our talk Joseph started fussing because he was all pumped to go to the market. He just kept telling me “Mommy go, go”. At first I was annoyed but then Buddy convinced me to take a short trip to the market and then meet up with them for lunch. I had no idea that our Father was using even my little one to answer my prayer. As I approached Cecilia I noticed that her little daughter was lying on her shoulder, and looking very ill. I asked Cecilia if she was ok. Cecilia went on to explain to me that she has been very lethargic for about two weeks and that she is losing weight. I told her that I knew of a good doctor that could at least run some tests. She asked me if I could go with her right then. I was reluctant to say yes since I know that often times a doctor visit takes hours, but a small voice told me “I am opening a door”. So I told her “lets go”:. When we arrived at the doctor’s office he was with a patient so we had to wait. While we were waiting Cecilia asked me “what made you be religious”. I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. I was able to share with her how I came to have a relationship with Jesus and that is why I am here: to help others have a relationship with Him as well. Cecilia is separated from her partner. She has several children and works hard to maintain the home, keeping her very busy. I am praying that the Lord will use me to show her His love and mercy. I will, Lord willing, see her again tomorrow. Please pray that we have an opportunity to talk further about the Gospel and her need of a Savior.

Comments

Popular Posts