3 gifts on Time: The Joy Dare

I often do not see time as a gift.  I am slightly OCD. I get a rush in being organized even with my time, but the pressure to get everything done that I would like creates added stress. 

I remember showing a friend of mine "my ideal week" schedule and she told me how just looking at it, stressed her out!


I am thankful for this joy dare that causes me to stop and see things as gifts. 

 As a homeschool mom of a preschooler and two elementary kids most of my mornings are consumed with teaching, cleaning and cooking all at the same time. I understand this is my season. Unfortunately, I am often deceived that being a mom isn't enough and I miss the gifts of taking time to enjoy this season of giggles, simple tears, big faith, tender kisses and tight hugs.

The Lord is showing me to open up my eyes because...
As I spent hours yesterday washing, folding and putting away laundry I was clouded by the vastness of the job and had to search deep and hard for it's beauty.

 My little girl came up to me and said "Mommy I know what I want to be  when I grow up" (she is only 3). I responded "really?" as I picked up her fragile little frame and put her onto my lap. She said "yes, I want to be a mommy when I grow up".  

Those words were medicine to my soul. Even after all my failures, and there are quite a few, she sees what I am doing daily as something admirable. Thank you Lord Jesus for making my broken beautiful. 

So this is my life verse and prayer. I want to live carefully and wisely, so that I make the most of every opportunity to show Christ in my life. I don't want to live thoughtlessly but I want to know my Lord so intimately that I understand what pleases Him most, so that He is most glorified. 

Comments

Popular Posts